Oh, you're still here?

Nothing like a month a half layoff from posting.  If I was one of my students I'd have failed myself by now.

I'm wondering why it is so difficult to post to a blog (for me anyway).  I think part of it is just flat out remembering I have one; part of it is finding the time; and part of it is that I think I just have better things to do.  And I also think people have better things to do than read my brain droppings online

But, here I am.  A lot has happened since my last post.  The spring break trip to Alabama went well.  It was a long drive (over 2,600 miles round trip) and it was even longer when I came back - it was raining most of the way and my driver-side windshield wiper was acting all screwy.  But a half gallon of Rain-X on the windshield seemed to do the trick.

I helped install flooring for three days while in Alabama.  My knees are finally feeling better.  Got to see my grandparents for a day while I was there as well, which was nice.  I wish I could have stayed longer (and I think my grandfather was a little let down by the fact that I didn't) but I guess any visit is better than no visit at all?  Whatever - I should have stayed longer...

Since then its been pretty much nothing but work.  Hit the big 4-2 last month and am starting to notice the ol' bod doesn't rebound from frivilous activities as well as it used to.  It happens I guess.

I'm gearing up for BEA/NAB next week in Las Vegas.  I leave on the 13th and return on the 18th.  I have a paper presentation and my very first panel moderation this year!  Lucky me!  I'll spend at least one day on the floor at NAB, checking out exhibits and gear.  I'll post some snaps and any information I find on this blog.  More info will be forthcoming.

And I'm growing the goatee again - we'll see how long it lasts this time.  I finally made it past the itchy stage but we'll see how well it tolerates the heat.

Comments