Alabama & Shellhead

Don't ask me how it happened, but I've been pulled into spending my spring break in Mobile, Alabama, supervising/advising/chaperoning the SU chapter of Habitat for Humanity for the 2010 Collegiate Challenge or some such thing.  Its cool with me - I guess I'm filling at the last minute so the students can go on the trip.  Apparently all I'll have to do is be on site while everyone is working on building stuff.  That's ok - I'm pretty bad with a hammer and saw anyway.  I'm not griping or anything - what's getting me is that this happened kind of quickly and I'm still trying to wrap my head around it.  I'm glad to be helping out and I hope I can do some good.  But for right now I'm still waiting on some detailed info to help... ah... seal ah the deal ah 


View Directions to mobile, al in a larger map
I'm driving myself down while the others will fend for themselves.  I'll try to keep updates rolling here as time goes by.  I'm heading out on Saturday, March 6th and will probably be back sometime on the 13th.  Not bad.  One cool benefit is that my grandparents live about an hour away from Mobile and I'm hoping to break away for at least one night to go see them and take them out to dinner or something.  They don't bowl as much as they used to, so that might be out of the question.  Maybe we'll go to Luby's and be home by 5:30 (ha ha)

DUDE!  I caved and picked up the conclusion to "World's Most Wanted" (see my massively long previous post).  It. Rocked.  'Nuff said.  I'll comment on it some other time but for now just know that if you aren't reading this stuff then you're missing out.  I needed a cigarette after reading it last night (and of course it put me behind on my grading, but I digress).  Iron-Friggin'-Man.  Yeah!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

I can't believe it's not blog

Beady Beady Beady

Never say never